Augusta Massage Therapist
A therapeutic massage by a professional like Karen can:
- help prevent and relieve migraine pain
- alleviate low back pain
- improve circulation
- prevent swelling and tissue adhesions after surgery
- improve immunity and detoxification of the body through better lymph flow
- improve depression and anxiety when used regularly
- One hour deep tissue or pamper massage $70.00 (65 and older $60.00)
- Add warm stones: Add $10.00
- Add Aromatherapy: Add $10.00
- Half hour -$40.00
Call 803-426-1421 for appointments.
Karen Reid, LMT
Karen is a 2012 graduate of the Augusta School of Massage located in Evans Ga. She has been traveling a path of self – discovery and learning as an avid yoga practitioner and teacher for nearly 12 yrs. She has a huge appreciation for the benefits of touch and is grateful to her yoga students who suggested and cheered her through massage school.
Through her science training (B.S. Biology) she brings to the table an analytic approach to massage that it is tempered with an intuitive touch cultivated from years of helping yoga students. Karen has additional training in Lomi Lomi (Hawaiian forearm massage) and will be certified in Thai Yoga Bodywork Nov 2013. She considers the practice of massage (the facilitation of self-healing in others) to be her duty, a return gift for the blessings of opportunity, health and wellness.
Additionally Karen has spent the last 17 years as a stay at home mother raising two beautiful daughters. Not surprisingly, Karen enjoys working with her hands and is currently exploring Irish lace making with with her crochet hook. Her two dogs Nelly and Fizz just love to play in all the yarn and thread.